OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Shooting
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - SS 12X42 and Milk Jug at 1 Mile
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

SS 12X42 and Milk Jug at 1 Mile

 Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
Avatar
Capt. BlowHard

Joined: April/05/2011
Location: TEXAS
Status: Offline
Points: 6053
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SS 12X42 and Milk Jug at 1 Mile
    Posted: October/06/2016 at 14:39
Customer used a SS 12X42 with a factory Bergara chambered in .308.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9n9r3Now7w&feature=youtu.be

Amat Victoria Curam
Back to Top
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Avatar

Joined: May/14/2006
Location: West of Rockies
Status: Offline
Points: 13667
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2016 at 19:14
Fish to Live, Live to Hunt
Back to Top
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Avatar

Joined: July/04/2012
Location: Oswego,NY
Status: Offline
Points: 11205
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2016 at 19:34
Wow!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Back to Top
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master
Avatar

Joined: January/08/2007
Location: Oklahoma
Status: Offline
Points: 7682
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2016 at 20:14
Fun! Love that sound!
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Back to Top
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
Avatar
Capt. BlowHard

Joined: April/05/2011
Location: TEXAS
Status: Offline
Points: 6053
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 08:47
That gong sound? Yes...I do to. He hit the gong on his second go. Which is a huge big deal for any .308.
Amat Victoria Curam
Back to Top
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
MODERATOR
MODERATOR
Avatar
Chief Sackscratch

Joined: December/17/2009
Location: NorthCackalacky
Status: Offline
Points: 30543
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 10:06

anyone else notice he's shooting from the wrong side of the gun? Big Grin


not bad for a factory gun either.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Back to Top
Skylar McMahon View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
Avatar
Capt. BlowHard

Joined: April/05/2011
Location: TEXAS
Status: Offline
Points: 6053
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Skylar McMahon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 10:11
Doesn't Cheap trick shoot like that?
Amat Victoria Curam
Back to Top
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
MODERATOR
MODERATOR
Avatar
Chief Sackscratch

Joined: December/17/2009
Location: NorthCackalacky
Status: Offline
Points: 30543
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2016 at 10:24

several of the "irregulars" do.

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Back to Top
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Avatar
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Joined: January/03/2006
Location: Heart of Dixie
Status: Offline
Points: 5126
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2016 at 04:07
Easy on us "Irregulars!" Only ones in our right minds!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
Back to Top
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Avatar

Joined: July/04/2012
Location: Oswego,NY
Status: Offline
Points: 11205
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2016 at 04:15
😜 💥💥💥
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Back to Top
Kickboxer View Drop Down
MODERATOR
MODERATOR
Avatar
Moderator

Joined: February/13/2008
Status: Offline
Points: 20430
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2016 at 06:48
Super…

Appeared to have enough energy left to leave a very noticeable mark.  MDA/FAA considers 1 gram (approximately 15.5 grains) at terminal velocity carrying 11.1ft/lb energy as potentially lethal (10% probability of penetration in a lethal area, 90% probability of lethality given penetration).  That is based upon a random distribution of falling debris. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Back to Top
trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Avatar
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Joined: September/29/2007
Location: South Dakota
Status: Offline
Points: 4348
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/09/2016 at 10:10
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:


anyone else notice he's shooting from the wrong side of the gun? Big Grin


not bad for a factory gun either.

Most guys that can really shoot sit on that side of the gun. ;)

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Back to Top
shooter57 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper


Joined: January/31/2016
Location: Ohio
Status: Offline
Points: 6
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/26/2017 at 05:54
Good video
Back to Top
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down

Forum Software by Web Wiz Forums® version 12.01
Copyright ©2001-2018 Web Wiz Ltd.

This page was generated in 0.223 seconds.